The DNS-Based Cloud Security with Cisco Umbrella
The first line of defense
As a Secure Internet Gateway, Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users, and blocks threats before they everreach your network or endpoints.
As a cloud-delivered, open platform, Umbrella integrates easily with your existing security stack and delivers live threat intelligence about current and emerging threats.
By analyzing and learning from internet activity patterns, Umbrella automatically uncovers attacker infrastructure staged for attacks, and proactively blocks requests to malicious destinations before a connection is even established —without adding any latency for users. With Umbrella, you can stop phishing and malware infections earlier, identify already infected devices faster, and prevent data exfiltration.
- Mitigate remediation costs and breach damage: Because Cisco Umbrella is the first line of defense, security teams will have fewer malware infections to remediate and threats will be stopped before they cause damage.
- Reduce the time to detect and contain threats: Cisco Umbrella contains command & control callbacks over any port or protocol and provides real-time reports on thatactivity.
- Increase visibilityinto internet activity across all locations and users: Cisco Umbrella provides crucial visibility for incident response and also gives you confidence that you’re seeing everything.
- Identify cloud appsused across the business: Cisco Umbrella provides visibility into sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud services in use across the enterprise, so you can uncover new services being used, see who is using them, and identify potential risks.
|Key Features||Key Numbers|
• Visibility and protection everywhere|
• Intelligence to uncover attacks earlier
• Simple deployment and management
• Open platform for integration
• Fast and reliable cloud infrastructure
• 125 billion daily internet requests
• 90 million users
• 27 datacenters worldwide
• 7M+ malicious destinations enforced concurrently at the DNS-layer
|Problems we solve||Deployment|
• 82% of users bypass the VPN and 70% of branch offices go direct-to-net2|
• 70-90% of malware is unique to each organization
• 86% of IT managers believe there’s a shortage in skilled security professionals
• Any network device (e.g. router) can be used to provision Umbrella|
• If you already use the Cisco AnyConnect client for Windows or Mac, no additional agents are required
• Alternatively, deploy the Umbrella roaming client